The start of new year is always the perfect opportunity to refresh your library thinking and planning so we thought you might like to know that there are at least 10 library resolutions for 2023 that SOLUS can help you keep! The New Year makes many of us want to change and deliver on New Year’s resolutions. You may decide to create resolutions relating to your own professional development, or to change the way your library and team operates.
You might be feeling merry and motivated right now, but as the year moves on, don’t let your resolve wane. According to the US News and World Report about 80% of people break their New Year’s promises by mid-February Just think about how you’ll feel at this time next year when you’ve kept each (or some?) of our 10 Library Resolutions for 2023:
1. Resolve to make discovery a beautiful and powerful new experience! A rich, visual experience designed with clean, simple lines, making it sleek and desirable. Collections and people are at the heart of what we all do but they are of diminishing value if we can’t engage and connect digitally with our patrons in the way they expect! LUCi is a gamechanger that links together the various apps and digital services that currently run independently of each other and provide customers with an exciting new front end to access online services. A front-facing digital library door that customers see and access -trusted, safe platform for libraries and communities with the network of physical libraries already exists.
2. Resolve to open the doors to the library collections 24/7 Make your library accessible 24/7 anytime from anywhere with the SOLUS app!
3. Resolve the never ending lost or forgotten library card problem. Make it digital on the SOLUS app and save staff time and money replacing lost and forgotten cards.
4. Resolve to communicate! Make access multilingual. This is a resolution you can be sure lands on the lists of all of us in our multicultural communities. The SOLUS library app makes multilingual easy and personal!
6. Resolve to review all your expenditure! Review that expensive hardware! Do you really need all that expensive kiosk hardware capital and revenue? Why not invest in engaging smartphone customer training how-to sessions instead?
7. Resolve to be inviting! Streamline your events, programmes and bookings. Isn’t it time you took a fresh look at library events and bookings?
8. Resolve to travel and see other libraries Try to make time to go to conferences, meet colleagues and be a real part of the Global library community. Can’t travel? then join our conversations and news on our blog, twitter and LinkedIn
9. Resolve to engage! Get better at library marketing and promotion. Check out the quality and impact of this Libraries Mean Business! We need so much more high quality promos like this!
10. Resolve to become part of an innovative library community. We hope you love Planet Library . It entices children to come to the Library. It excites them when they there and then rewards them for coming. It also encourages them to participate in your Summer Reading Challenge and turns it into a year round digital challenge that motivates them to read more and more.
These days what library staff need to know about library technology can be daunting! The role and demands seems to change on a daily basis, particularly in how what we do has been impacted by the pandemic and the need for hygiene and contactless services. We talk to customers all over the world and we know the library world needs a new eco-system to empower libraries and their patrons.
Hopefully you’ve been inspired by SOLUS? Maybe you just want a faster, more cost-effective, and environmentally-friendly library. Whatever your reason resolve to talk to us! Be part of our global family follow us on twitter and LinkedIn.
Happy New Year! 2023 is your year to change! Talk to us!