We’ve come up with 4 library what-ifs, things to think about as you plan your budget. Our customers have changed, and we all know that we must evolve our library programming, services, and even operational models if we want to stay relevant or indeed ahead of the game.
Library customers are consumers, young and old. They shop not just for books and resources but also for events and experiences and their choices are influenced hugely by their retail experiences. Libraries can and should learn from this retail shopping behaviour.
WHAT IF YOU PUT THE LIBRARY INTO YOUR CUSTOMERS’ POCKETS?
We’re passionate about helping libraries to engage, develop their audience and grow their user base. Libraries offer high quality and free content, and we believe that the Library App is the best product available to connect you and your audience -effortlessly!
- You enable 24/7 access from anywhere, any screen, their device or yours
- You improve the customer experience and satisfaction with the service
- Engagement is everything, you drive interaction and ensure that the user enjoys a rich and rewarding experience.
- You give customers digital membership – so less replacing and looking up membership numbers
WHAT IF YOU ENABLED SMARTPHONE SELF-SERVICE?
Isn’t your vision to free up staff from the “transactional” to the “people”? Enabling them to work with customers by moving to a contactless strategy? You can now borrow and return books and other items using just your SOLUS Library app? Just borrow easily and hygienically directly from your own smartphone with the ‘self-checkout’ option. Self service on customers own phones!
- You would have a hygienic, contactless way to use the library
- You would gain more staff time for people and programming
- You’d have less need for expensive kiosks and hardware
- You would raise public and council perception of the library
WHAT IF YOU COULD DELIVER AN INCREDIBLE ALL-IN-ONE CALENDAR PLATFORM?
We believe that in addition to item loans, events and programming are at the heart of what makes libraries thrive. What if you could deliver an incredible experience, that will be loved by your patrons and staff! A platform that is powerful, pretty and a pleasure to use.
- You would excite library patrons and create perfect events in minutes
- You would supercharge your customer engagement and engage your guests before, during and after each event
- You would be able to simply create lovely, customised events brochures in minutes
- You would make it so simple for library customers to better engage with their library’s exciting selection of community events?
- You would enable library customers to fully manage their own experience?
- Need to create paid events? Improve income and manage bookings? Members can pay online, print receipts, and even get refunds when they can’t attend.
WHAT IF YOU RETHINK YOUR BUDGET?
- Can you go through your budget with a fine toothcomb once again?
- What subscriptions really aren’t being used nowadays? Is there a free resource you’d be happy with?
- Do you really need all those kiosks and hardware annual bills?
Now more than ever, libraries need to engage existing patrons and reach new users wherever they are. At SOLUS we understand libraries’ digital services are more important to the communities they serve than ever before.
SOLUS is the world’s #1 Library App provider for public libraries: now in use in over 7,000 locations on 6 continents and growing rapidly. The Library App supports 12 different ILS platforms using proprietary web services and is available in 20+ languages. Based in Glasgow, Scotland, we also have offices in Australia and the US and provide white labelled solutions to several ILS partners, as well as selling direct
If we’ve given you food for thought with these 4 library what-ifs, then contact us for a chat.