Now more than ever, libraries need to engage existing patrons and reach new users wherever they are. At SOLUS we understand libraries’ digital services are more important to the communities they serve than ever before.
SOLUS is the world’s #1 Library App provider for public libraries; now in use in almost 6,000 locations on 5 continents and growing rapidly. The Library App supports 12 different ILS platforms using proprietary web services and is available in 20+ languages. Based in Glasgow, Scotland, we also have offices in Australia and the US and provide white labelled solutions to a number of ILS partners, as well as selling direct
Just this month Innovative – announced the release of its new Innovative Mobile product, which puts the power of Sierra and Polaris into patrons’ hands worldwide and at SOLUS we are very proud to announce that we are the development partner on this new Innovative Mobile App! Definitely – A new app to meet today’s challenges for Libraries and Consortia.
Innovative has a global presence—serving thousands of libraries in 66 countries and offices worldwide. The new Innovative Mobile app offers patrons convenience, with a modern interface that’s customized for your library and, if needed, for your entire network.
The new mobile app is focused on public libraries and consortia and is customized for each site, with branding and the look and feel designed by the library. Innovative Mobile offers full access to the library catalogue and allows patrons to search and find both physical and electronic library materials. Additional features include:
Fully featured and ready to meet the needs of you and your patrons — now.
· Offers quick and easy set up; configure the app in a matter of weeks rather than months
· Works with Sierra and Polaris public libraries and consortia (iOS and Android)
· Linked accounts enable users to manage family/children’s accounts
· Works with online fine payment services to let patrons pay fines through the app
Empowers self-service and contactless pick up – critical to keeping library staff and patrons safe.
· Supports social distancing with digital library card, full catalogue searching, in-app access to electronic resources, and curbside pickup/ Click & Collect
· Using barcode or RFID, patrons can borrow and return items in the library from their device
· Turn user and staff devices into self-service machines, reducing the need for existing and future self-service hardware
Customizable – an app that looks like your library, built for your patrons.
· Menu layout, app colours, etc. all customizable by the library
· Offers consortium resources while maintaining branding unique to each member library
· Automatically displays in patrons’ native language with 20+ language options