‘BOUNCING BACK FROM THE PANDEMIC’ Wow! We love to see amazing investment in libraries across the world!
$6 million in grants have been awarded to Illinois Libraries focused on responding directly to the pandemic by modifying services, transforming spaces and developing resources for their local recovering workforce.
Secretary of State and State Librarian Jesse White said “During the ongoing pandemic, libraries have had to retool their services to match the needs of the community and I am honored to be able to provide funding to allow these libraries to expand access to their patrons, I applaud the library community in Illinois for their hard work as they continue to provide essential services during this challenging time.”
Local libraries can used the funds to help develop resources for job seekers, enhance digital services and help provide clean, safe library spaces that follow COVID mitigation recommendations. The money will also help libraries provide resources and services to citizens who utilize libraries to access employment services and training, as well as email, printing and copying employment documents.
A total of $5,740,350 funded 211 academic, school, special and public libraries, all of which received grants ranging from $5,000 to over $1 million. A combination of funding sources provided through the federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA), both from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and state technology funds were used to maximize the statewide impact.
Area libraries included in the award are:
- Cherry Valley Public Library District – $18,327.00
- Sauk Valley Community College – $23,508.00
- Dixon Public Library – $12,013.00
- Freeport Public Library – $13,400.00
- North Suburban Public Library District (Loves Park ) – $22,480.00
- Morris Area Public Library District – $5,328.00
- Polo Public Library District – $9,500.00
- Rock Falls Township High School Library – 301 $14,200.00
- Rock Falls Public Library District – $18,033.00
- Rockford Public Library – $50,000.00
- Sterling Public Library – $25,000.00
At Solus we love seeing investment in libraries. Read about some of our stories from across the global world of libraries.