In today’s world, we all spend more time on our mobile phones than on any other device! Mobile apps in libraries are becoming as ubiquitous and necessary as Discovery Layers and the SOLUS library app is a convenient, time-saving app for library customers and they need it now more than ever!
FULLY CUSTOMISABLE – an app that looks like your library, built for your customers
The app is customised for each site, with branding and the look and feel designed by the library. It offers full access to the library catalogue and allows patrons to search and find both physical and electronic library materials. Fully featured and ready to meet the needs of you and your customers — now.
- Menu layout, app colors, etc. all customizable by the library
- Offers consortium resources while maintaining branding unique to each member library
- Automatically displays in patrons’ native language with 20+ language options
- Quick and easy set up; configured in a matter of weeks rather than months
- Linked accounts enable users to manage family/children’s accounts
- Works with online fine payment services to let patrons pay fines through the app
EMPOWERING SELF-SERVICE AND CONTACTLESS PICK-UP – critical to keeping library staff and customers safe.
Uber-efficient curbside pick up or click& collect – not just an appointment-based module!
- The SOLUS app is ahead of the game offering uber-efficient curbside pickup that maximizes staff time and is not based on appointments. We are not just delivering an appointment-based curb-side pickup module like most vendors. The SOLUS Click-and-Collect works so smartly just like the way consumers are picking up groceries, Home Depot orders, food orders, etc. The patron informs the library they are coming to pick up their material via the app and the SOLUS software has a very efficient workflow process for checking out the materials and preparing them for pickup.
- Supports social distancing with digital library card, full catalogue searching, in-app access to electronic resources, and curbside pickup
- Using barcode or RFID, patrons can borrow and return items in the library from their device
OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW SPEND ON TRADITIONAL SELF-SERVICE HARDWARE
Contactless, safe, hygienic – Putting the library in the customers hands! The app turns user and staff devices into self-service machines, reducing the need for existing and future self-service hardware.
But because it’s not just an app it’s a SOLUS app this means we know how to help you to respond to some of today’s challenges.
SAFE, SECURE AND HYGIENIC LIBRARY SERVICE
Your customers can be assured that they can self-serve with their own iPhone or Android device supporting barcode and RFID check-out/check-in without any additional hardware – completely contactless!
COMMUNICATION AND INCLUSION HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE IMPORTANT!
Informing mobile users with real-time content updates for COVID impacts, library operations and services is crucial. We know your customers come from different cultures and places so we’ve made the app available in over 20 languages.
MARKETING AND PROMOTION
We are keen to help you to tell your customers about the app so we thought you’d enjoy the way Sunshine Coast Libraries in Australia have launched their fab new SOLUS app! Let us know if we can help! Just watch this via @mysunshinecoast Introducing the new Sunshine Coast Libraries
Libraries’ continuing success lies in how and how fast and well we manage through the current challenges. SOLUS is here to help your change become super-charged.
Don’t just take it from us!
“We have received very positive results from our patrons. We currently have more users now in two months than we had with the previous App in seven years. This is great!” BOB LINCOLN, LIBRARY SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR Carver County, Minnesota, USA